This is a great spring time dish, fantastic BBQ’d when the weather is warm and best served with a salad made with fresh peas, goat’s cheese and spring onions – stuff it all in a toasted pitta bread.
- 1 Boned Leg of Lamb
- 500ml Yoghurt
- Handful of Mint
- Salt and Pepper
- 2tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 1tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1tsp Ras El Hanout
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice
1. In a pan toast the Fennel, Ras El Hanout and Cumin, before crushing in a pestle and mortar to release the flavours before adding to the yoghurt.
2. Finely slice the mint and add to the yoghurt, before adding the lemon juice.
3. Massage the lamb well with the yoghurt spice mix, and leave to marinate for 24 hours if possible – but a minimum of 2 hours.
4. Place the lamb in an oven tray, cover and bake for 4 hours at 160c till the meat flakes.
5. Serve in toasted pitta or sourdough roll.